02. Let Me Show Ya (feat. Paul Randolph)
03. I Can See (feat. Ben Westbeech)
04. Lie (feat. Thief)
05. Little Bird (feat. José James)
06. Rockin’ You Eternally (feat. Leon Ware & Dwele)
07. So Far From Home (feat. Phonte)
08. What Do You Want? (feat. Joe Dukie)
09. Lucky Girl (feat. Paul Randolph)
10. Gafiera (feat. Azymuth & Pedro Martins)
11. Morning Scapes (feat. Bembe Segue)
12. Dial A Cliché (feat. Paul Randolph)
Apart from Mr. Randolph, there the likes of Dwele, José James, Bembe Segue, Ben Westbeech, Marcos Valle, Phonte, Joe Dukie, Clara Hill, Paul Kleber, Five Corners Quintet and Azymuth featured on the follow-up to In Between.
As you can hear from in the video above, the recordings and the production process apply schemes from past periods, especially the 60s soul and funk. Unlike their dancefloor-oriented remix production, Jazzanova take the trend the albums from Nicole Willis, Jamie Lidell or even Amy Winehouse started. As harsh as this comparison might sound, one should expect this retro-sound is playing in its own league.
This topic on BeyondJazz has more details, and of course I will keep you updated!
Oct 22, 2008 Review of the new Jazzanova album!