The Kind of Blue Deluxe Edition was already an impressive collection for all Miles Davis fans out there. It was released to celebrate the record’s 50th anniversary and it consists of a vinyl record, four CDs and a DVD. Skateboard company Western Edition also celebrates an anniversary, this year is their tenth in business. They put 1 and 1 together and now present an impressive set of skateboards, honoring the original quintet behind the recording of Kind of Blue.
Seriously, even if you never put a foot on a skateboard in your life, isn’t this set of decks worth buying? You can order them at FTCSF or at your local skate shop.
via Radcollector (thanks Cubikmusik!)
Following last year’s 10th anniversary, Jazzanova’s Sonar Kollektiv
label is about to celebrate its 200th release with a compilation simply titled SK200
. Two-hundred releases, not bad for an independent label, but there already was a big retrospective with Ten Years, Who Cares?
So instead the boys from Jazzanova
decided to include tracks that were (almost) all released in the last year.01. Soulphiction – Sun Children
02. Christian Prommer’s DrumLesson – Around The World
03. Paul Bryan – Like A Rainy Night
04. The Black Seeds – Take Your Chances
05. Thief – Somewhere
06. Roland Appel – Inner Soul (Slow Version)
07. Season & Sygaire – Cowboys & Angels feat. Randolph Matthews
08. Quasimode – Object In The Mirror feat. Carmen Lundy, Masato Nakamura
09. Two Banks Of Four – Wake me 5.30
10. Lars Bartkuhn – Prayer / Dance Into The Sun
One might say that makes it just one of their annual compilations, but why would that be any bad? If you’re that critical, you can listen to the SK200 Preview, playing for about 18 minutes.
SK200 is exclusively available on CD and will be released on November 17, accompanied by a t-shirt similiar to the cover artwork.