It’s no secret that Hyetal is one of my favourite Bristolian producers, his album Broadcast ranked among favourites of 2011. In the meantime, he teamed up with Julio Bashmore to form Velour, but that doesn’t mean there’s no new solo material coming. According to his SoundCloud page, his new single (listen above!) featuring the vocals of Gwilym Gold will be out on April 29 via True Panther Sounds. Took me a second time to fall for it, so don’t judge too quickly!
I had my eyes on Arkist ever since his brilliant Apple Pips release came into my life. Rendezvous ended up being my most played track that year, it’s flipside was recently unveiled in a new vocal version.
Anyway, I’m excited about his new track. Seems to be the first in a while that has the potential to end of on 12-inch. There’s no sign of that though, so for now just enjoy the stream.
Judging from the number of plays on iTunes, Rendezous by Bristol’s Arkist is already my tune of the year – with nothing else coming close. Needless to say how excited I was to see his guestmix for the Hotflush podcast.
01. Arkist – The Half Moon Bay
02. Mosca – House5
03. Hackman – Untitled
04. Arkist & KidKut – One Year Later
05. Mosca – House 14
06. Arkist – Rendezvous (SCB Edit)
07. Sonarpilot – Radar (Trevino Remix)
08. Lokiboi X Hackman
09. Tim Xavier – Stepping Into the Unknown
010. XXXXXXX – XXXXXXXXX
011. Dutty Dan – Streefighter Riddim
012. Al Tourettes – Badger
013. Komonazmuk – Underground
014. Hackman – Agree To Disagree
015. XXXXXXX – XXXXXXXXXX
016. Dutty Dan & MTB – Maximum Battery Boost
017. Blawan – What You Do With What You Have
018. King – Animal Calypso
019. Arkist & KidKut – Vanilla Imitate
020. Arkist – Rendezvous
021. Addison Groove – This Is It
022. Arkist – Rephlex Blast
023. Al Tourettes – She Shimmers
024. Arkist – Fill Your Coffee
Tracklist has finally been posted, hence my delayed post. Go ahead and download this!
You might have heard this on this weeks Worldwide show, it a new track from Pangaea dropping on Hemlock next month.
This is quite a darkie, but I like it being reminiscent of some heavy bruk tunes from back in the day. If you’re into something more sinister, you should also check out the flipside called Fatalist. You should be able to pick up HEK013 from good vinyl shops on September 12, 2011.
For the last three years, I have been calling Apple Pips my favourite label, as they manage not only maintaining a roster of highest standards, but also use a strong visual language on their releases.
Their 15th release is a 12-inch by Bristol man Arkist, who delivers a super deep title track alongside a slowed down funkster on the flip.
PIPS015 is out this week on vinyl and as digital, secure your copies on Bleep, Rush Hour or Boomkat.
First in a series of city portraits, Resident Advisor visited Bristol, talking to the likes of Julio Bashmore, Peverelist, Appleblim, Hyetal, Pinch and more.
Looking forward to see more of these!
From Appleblim, Bristol-based producer and founder of one my favourite labels in 2009, comes this new promo mix for FABRICLIVE.
01. Data – The Fall of Phaeton
02. False Prophet – Wake Up (Spatial remix)
03. Gatekeeper – Atmosphere Processor
04. Arkist – Switch
05. Scuba – You Got Me
06. Wedge – Worry Dolls
07. Headhunter & Gatekeeper – Jellyfish
08. Addison Groove – Footcrab
09. Al Tourettes – She Shimmers
10. Joe – Untitled #2
11. Greena – Actual Pain
12. Hard House Banton & Roska – Warning
13. Atki2 & Dub Boy – Tigerflower
14. Midland & Ramadanman – Your Words Matter
Download the mix so you can listen to it while reading the article on the Apple Pips label on the Fabric blog.
All this is just a taster for the Apple Pips takeover at London’s Fabric club, which will kick-off on February 19 with a live set from Al Tourettes. DJs on the night include Greena, Wedge, Gatekeeper and Appleblim himself.