Alongside the Soul Jazz Future Bass compilation, Monkeytown’s Modeselektions Vol. 1 has to be one of this year’s premier compilations when it comes to electronic bass music. On December 17th, the Berlin label operated by the duo of Modeselektor releases the bonus tracks from the special edition and some extended versions.
01. Falty DL – I’m gonna show you somethin’
02. Vaghe Stelle – Emiciclo 1
03. Love Operation – Heartbeat
04. Bok Bok – Say Stupid Things (Extended Version)
05. Cosmin TRG – Space Station Love Affair (Extended Version)
We have no clue whether this means there will be a vinyl pressing or if these tracks are digital only. If you have more information, please feel free to share!
Ever since Modeselektor announced their first compilation, I was on the lookout to find out more about the project. The Berlin based duo has always been thinking outside the box, as they’ve proven on their two albums released on Bpitch Control, their contribution to the Boogy Bytes mix series, and the curration of their own stage at Germany’s acclaimed Melt! Festival.
More recently, they also got serious with their own Monkeytown label. The first one, two, samplers gained much attention among bass music connaisseurs, a third will be out in late November. By the end of next, a CD will be available combining all these with the remaining tracks: 18 in total, all exclusive to the compilation.01. Siriusmo – Das Geheimnis *
02. SBTRKT – The Unspoken
03. Feadz – The Assistant Manager *
04. Tadd Mulinix & Daniel Meteo – The Good Star *
05. Robag Wruhme – Bierholer
06. 2562 – The Wind Up
07. eLan – Pussy Posse
08. Cosmin TRG – Space Station Love Affair
09. Shed – With Bag And Baggage
10. Apparat – King Of Clubs *
11. Marcel Dettmann – Lyrate
12. Ikonika & Optimum – Hum *
13. Modeselektor – VW Jetta
14. Ramadanman – Pitter
15. Digital Mystikz/Mala – Explorer *
16. Bok Bok – Say Stupid Things
17. Housemeister – Kristall *
18. Cylob – Pepper Spray (Capsicum Edit) *
* also available on limited 2-LP
A warning to all vinyl lovers out there: If you want all the tracks on your beloved wax, you need all three EPs plus a highly limited 2-LP pressing. While it’s already sold out at the Modeselektor store, Juno still has copies. It is pressed on clear vinyl and there are only 666 in existence.
It’s easier if you’re going for the CD or the download, both are available directly from Modeselektor and should find their way into all good stores.
November 5, 2010 The compilation is available now, including a limited edition with bonus CD.
The latest ClashMusic podcast was put together by Berlin’s super-group Moderat, consisting of Modeselektor and Apparat, who were responsible for one of my favourite albums from last year. When it comes to Modeselektor, one has to acknowledge you can’t just put the Berlin Techno label on them. As proven on previous mixes, they’re not afraid of blending the genres.01. Moondog – Moodog’s Theme
02. Darkstar – Aidy’s Girl’s a Computer
03. Untold – Revenue
04. Luis Digital – Dancefloor Microphysics
05. Jose James – Blackmagic (Joy Orbison Remix)
06. Four Tet – Love Cry (Joy Orbison Remix)
07. Vindicatrix – Private Places (Shackleton & Mordant Music version)
08. Monolake – Plumbicon (Sleeparchive Remix)
09. Emtyset – Awake
10. Anstam – Cree
11. Monolake – Observatory
12. Max Cooper – Automnemonic
13. Ramadanman – Tempest
14. Martyn – Hear Me (Zomby Remix)
15. Sbtrkt – Sleep In Tokyo
16. A Made Up Sound – Crisis
17. Marcel Dettmann – Role edit
18. Egyptrixx – The Only way up (Cubic Zirconia remix)
19. LV & Untold – Beacon (Mount Kimbie Remix)
20. Rhythm & Sound feat. Cornel Campbell – King In My Empire
So here you can download their latest one, featuring many of the artists you can read about on this blog.
I already mentioned the Embers Mix from Floating Points in the weekly bits, but just in case you missed it..
Out of the Los Angeles based Brainfeeder collective, comes TOKiMONSTA with a very nice mixtape she recorded for my man Lefto. Make sure not to sleep on her tracks, she’s among the most talented uprising producers in the world right now!
From earlier this year is a mixtape by Innervision‘s Dixon. The mix was a giveaway for Berlin’s montly Innercity club. 70 minutes of good new house music.
More musical hotness from Berlin comes from Modeselektor. For Resident Advisor’s podcast series, the DJs and producers have put together a sweet dubstep set, proving once more the boys open mindedness towards anything out there. I might add, that I prefer the podcast much over their new Body Language mix CD.
Mary Anne Hobbs had Joy Orbison among her guests in her latest radioshow. That’s something for your iPod I believe.
I have posted this last one on Twitter some weeks back, one of my favourite podcast JJ Smoking Sessions has put together another great episode that’s all about Prince. No excuses.