You’ve probably read about this on one of your favourite blogs, but I didn’t want to leave this free remix album by Exile unmentioned. It contains remixes from his 2009 album Radio on Plug Research, with the involvement of artists like Pollyn, Teebs or Dibia$e.
Listen to some of the tracks below or download the entire album over at Bandcamp.
02. It’s Coming Down (DJ Rhettmatic Remix)
03. Population Control (Dibia$e Remix)
04. We’re All In Power feat. Lessondary Radio (Von Pea, Donwill and Elucid)
05. Frequency Modulation (Marco Polo Remix feat. Torae & Ruste Juxx)
06. In Love (Kan Kick Remix)
07. GB (Radio Medley)
08. Watch Out! False Prophet feat. ADAD & Johaz
09. The Machine (DaVinci Remix)
10. In Tune Static (Mike Gao Remix)
11. So We Can Move (Pollyn Remix)
12. Exbox Radio (Radio Reject – Bonus Cut)
13. OPERAtor Radio (Radio Reject – Bonus Cut)
14. Forbidden Radio (Radio Reject – Bonus Cut)
15. I’ve Been Dreaming of You (Radio Reject – Bonus Cut)
Also watch out for the all new Exile album “AM/FM”, featuring artists Blu, Fashawn, Shafiq Husayn, Samiyam, Free The Robots, DJ Day, Clutchy Hopkins, Evidence, Alchemist, Krondon, Muhsinah, Aloe Blacc, Grouch & Eligh, Take and many more! Release date is August 31, 2010.
The Warrior Remixes from José James have been pushed back for three weeks to April 12, 2010. Following the remix from Sbtrkt, the other two mixes have now been added to the Brownswood page on SoundCloud, including this from Jus Wan.
Jus Wan is San Franciso based Justin Shields, a producer of deep dubstep sounds, whose previous releases include an amazing 12-inch on the Apple Pips label. You can check him out on SoundCloud or MySpace.
Austrian label (and promoter) The Loud Minority pressed two of these on a highly limited 7-inch which is on sale almost exclusively at their parties in Vienna. While a few copies were available on Juno Records for a short time, it now looks like you have to visit the Austrian capital in order to get a copy.
And now for the good news.. Fortunately, my Austrian agent was able to get his hands on three copies of the Dorian Concept 7-inch, so I decided to give them away to three lucky ones. There are two ways to enter the competition:
1. You leave a comment and tell your own little Dorian Concept anecdote
2. You start following me on Twitter and click on the Retweet button below
This give-away will end next Sunday (February 28, 2010) and the winners will be chosen the day after. Make sure you enter a valid email-address alongside your comment, because otherwise I can’t contact you. Same goes for Twitter, you need to be a follower so I can send you a direct message. Don’t worry, I treat all personal data with the utmost respect!
March 1, 2010 It’s over, winners will be notified later today!
In January 2008, Mark de Clive-Lowe announced a remix competition for tracks from the self-titled album by The Politik. With much delay, the judges Phil Asher, Orin “Afronaught” Walters, Benji B and The Politik themselves announced the winners some minutes ago.
Head over to Mark’s blog to read about the winners, the remixers who were close and listen to the tracks!
The remix album should be out this summer with a new exclusive track called Dreams, remixes from Zed Bias, Maddslinky (yes, that’s also Zed Bias!) and C Swing Black Einstein. The Japanese edition will come with a bonus mix from Jazzy Sport‘s DJ Mitsu The Beats.
The vinyl exclusive EP features a remix of Hot Heavy Heat by Carlos Niño (Build an Ark, AmmonContact etc.), an “ecstatic arpeggio-synth-theme that receives its much deserved space on a shiny disc of plastic.” On the flipside it’s once again the Flying Lotus, whose track Auntie’s Lock/Infinitum from the Los Angeles album gets the Dimlite treatment. You can listen to both tracks on the label’s website.
The bad news concern the album Prismic Valuta Rising. On his MySpace page, Dimlite writes that it will not be available anytime soon. It’s my assumption, he hasn’t found an appropriate label yet. Let’s hope things get sorted out for him! There is still another album with Prefuse 73 in the making (confirmation), which could now preceed his solo work.
Mar 1, 2009 Juno now has the record in stock
His name is Dorian Concept, his album When Planets Explode is due on January 29 on Kindred Spirit‘s Nod Navigators label. Until then, here is a give-away from the label – four remixes made by Dorian.
02. Jamie Lidell – A Little Bit Of Feelgood (Dorian Concept remix)
03. Phat Kat & Guilty Simpson – Nightmare (Dorian Concept remix)
04. Three 6 Mafia – Stay Fly (Dorian Concept remix)
Dec 16, 2009 Thanks to The Find Magazine, there’s a new download mirror for the remixes!
Feb 3, 2010 Vienna-based DJ collective The Loud Minority have pressed two of these remixes on 7-inch. These will be sold exclusively at their parties.
The Reel People‘s remix album of Seven Ways To Wonder is still young, but their label Papa Records has even more treats available just in time for Christmas. The Bonus Dubs & Instrumentals are only available as downloads and aim primarily at DJs to use them as tools.
So why am I even mentioning it, rather than writing about the normal remix album? Well, let’s have a look at the tracklist first.
01. Outta Love (4hero instrumental remix)
02. Outta Love (4hero dub remix)
03. Alibi (Dennis F’s Out On Bail dub)
04. Love Is Where You Are (Orto instrumental remix)
05. Love Is Where You Are (The Realm instrumental remix)
06. Love Is Where You Are (The Realm bonus beats)
07. It Will Be (Kyoto Jazz Massive instrumental remix)
08. Anything That You Want (Domu instrumental remix)
09. It Will Be (RP’s club instrumental mix)
10. Love Is Where You Are (RP’s club instrumental mix)
11. Outta Love (Alix Alvarez Sole Channel instrumental remix)
12. Outta Love (Alix Alvarez Sole Channel dub)
13. Outta Love (Alix Alvarez Sole Channel dub instrumental)
14. Outta Love (IG Culture’s Inter Outta dub)
You might have guessed it, I’m talking about the last track! Could this be the long sought-after version of the IG Culture remix that supposedly leaked and draw even more attention than the legit one? Unfortunately, the snippet is too short to judge, but if anybody knows more – feel free to share. If you’re as crazy about IG as I am, you don’t want to miss this one.
With his album out (and his Parisian Goldfish video stirring up blogs around the world), Flying Lotus did not sleep! There’s a remix for Radiohead’s competition, on which you can vote. And then you might remember Laura Darlington, voice on the tracks Unexpected Delight and Infinitum, also wife of fellow Daedalus. Well, Mr. and Mrs. Darlington have this project The Long Lost and will release their debut EP on Ninja Tune this autumn. Flying Lotus did two remixes for that, both are available for download over at the Jus’ Like Music blog.
* previously unreleased