I’m not gonna let you wait until the Friday for another edition of Weekend Mixtapes, for I’ve got a couple of mixes to share with you right now!
Let’s start with the oldest in the bunch, a nice selection of Brazilian tunes put together by Floating Points. To get you in the mood for the next Brazil game or simply to have a good time. Leave a shout on Sam’s SoundCloud page if you like this!
Next up, listen to music from the private collection of Now-Again founder and Stones Throw associate Egon. Also available as video via Boiler Room LA.
Berlin Community Radio is continuously putting out quality mixes from some of my favourite artists. Most recently, they had Hyperdub-signed Laurel Halo in their studio, playing a wide selection from jazz and folk to dub techno.
Listen to a Kode9 set recorded at London’s Fabric the other day, playing what sounds like mostly records from his label Hyperdub. He also shared his Maida Vale session with Spaceape from a couple of years back.
While I’ve never met LD in real life, I’ve know him since the early days of the Brownswood Forum. His Spacebass show once started as a podcast before making the jump to London’s NTS Live. Enjoyed this one a lot when it was broadcasted the other day!
Before I head back to the beach, let me share this mixtape I’ve been enjoying lately. It’s meant as a rough guide to the music of Dave Huismans, better known as 2562 and A Made Up Sound, put together by Hessle Audio’s own Pearson Sound.
01. 2562 – Winamp Melodrama
02. 2562 – Jerash Hekwerken
03. A Made Up Sound – Here’s Your Cheese, Now Freeze
04. Dogdaze – 552 Blues
05. Commix – Change (A Made Up Sound Remix)
06. A Made Up Sound – Demons (Reprise)
07. 2562 – Intro
08. 2562 – Blackout
09. 2562 – Basin Dub
10. 2562 – Morvern
11. Pattie Blingh – Brother (2562 Remix)
Dave is playing live at London’s Fabric this Friday, make sure to catch him when you’re around. The mix above is available for download.
Going through his archive of old DAT recordings, Ian O’Brien already found enough tracks to release a new album. But he doesn’t stop there, so today he shares an old mix recorded at London’s Fabric club on August 28, 2003. Two thousand and three! Grab the download and follow Ian’s invitation to complete the tracklist.
Last Friday, Roska invited Seiji to play at Fabric‘s Room Two alongside Brackles, Doc Daneeka, and others. This mix was intended to promote the event, but you can still download it from Clash Magazine.01. James Morrison – Slave To The Music (Seiji Music)
02. George Fitzgerald – Child (Original Mix)
03. Disclosure – What’s In Your Head
04. Crackazat – Tunnel
05. Tanzlife . Heart Attack
06. Cry Wolf – Scream
07. Eliphino – Vrybdy
08. Terri Walker / Green Money – Feels Good vs MaxD
09. Bandshell – Rise ‘Em
10. Seiji – FACE UP
11. Teeth – Busy Crack
12. Whhez Ie – Keep Your Chin Up (Salva Remix)
13. Terror Danjah – Fruit Punch
14. Suckfake – Bla
15. Miho feat. AI – O2 (Seiji Remix)
When Aus Music founder Will Saul puts together a mix, you can always expect something special. Like this new mix for fabric in which he plays a couple of new joints from the label, an unreleased Maurice Donovan track and some other bits we’ve been excited about over the last weeks and months.
01. George Fitzgerald – Silhouette (John Roberts Remix) (Will’s b-down intro edit)
02. Tale Of Us – Dark Song
03. Lonely C & Baby Prince – Your Moms House
04. Voices Of Black – Take Back Soho (Tanner Ross Remix)
05. Kris Wadsworth – Barefoot (Jozif Remix)
06. Theophilus London – Overseas (Soul Clap Efunk Mix)
07. Tanner Ross – Goodbye, Summer
08. Lee Foss – Pyramid Scheme
09. Todd Terje – Ragysh
10. Julio Bashmore – Batty Knee Dance
11. George Fitzgerald – Silhouette (John Roberts)
12. SCB – Loss
13. Midland – Through Motion
14. Maurice Donovan – Call My Name
15. Cosmin TRG – Magnetic Bodies
16. Will Saul & Tam Cooper – Hi-Lo
17. Drake – Fireworks (Deadboys Tear Jerking Slo-Mo House Edit)
If you’re a keeper, go ahead and download this fine mix!
Got some good mixtapes piled up, just the right thing you might be looking for in time for the weekend.
Chances are you already heard about the latest Rinse FM, likely because it has been the source of snippets from the latest 12-inch by Four Tet, Burial and Thom York. The show was a back to back mix by Floating Points and Four Tet and it’s available for download.
Appleblim still has to be one of my favourite producers for anything between house and dubstep and techno, and he continuosly proves his good taste through releases on his own Apple Pips imprint and his sought after DJ mixes. Like this new one for London’s fabric, which is full of unreleased music from Hotflush, Aus Music and Appleblim’s label.
01. Butahn Tiger Rescue – Beginner’s Waltz (excerpt)
02. October & Borai – I Didn’t Mean To
03. Kowton – She Don’t Jack
04. Axel Bowman – Naomi
05. October & Appleblim – NY Fizzzzzz
06. George Fitzgerald – We Bilateral
07. Al Tourettes – Badger
08. SCB – Loss
09. Pulsar – Coconut Shuffle
10. Sunday Roast – Choices
11. Arkist & Kidkut – Vanilla Imitate
12. Phat Chex – Can’t Stop
13. Paul Woolford – Let It Go (Komonazmuk & Appleblim Remix)
14. Gatekeeper – Atmosphere Processor
15. Gatekeeper – Let Us in
16. Arkist – Fill My Coffee
17. Gatekeeper & Kidkut – Alpha Apex
18. Gatekeeper & Kidkut – Code Red
19. Arkist – Rendezvous
Episode 133 of the Electronic Explorations podcast features a special guestmix by Skulldisco co-founder Shackleton. It is mentioned this mix was handed over to EE by Fabric, so it’s probably one of their regular promo mixes that make rounds with new Fabric CD.01. Shackleton and Vengeance Tenfold – Stripped III (version)
02. Shackleton – Man On A String Part 1 and 2
03. Shackleton – Angel On A String
04. Shackleton – Fireworks
05. Shackleton – Deadman
06. Shackleton – Bottles
07. Shackleton – Hypno Angel
08. Shackleton – Something Has Got To Give
09. Shackleton – Massacre
10. Shackleton – Torn Skin III (version)
That said, the all new Fabric 55 will be released next month and contains 80 minutes of Shackleton’s own productions. Until then, you have to stick with his mix for Electronic Explorations which you can download for free.
With the follow-up to his brilliant Detroit Falls / Orpheus out soon on R&S, young Londoner Pariah will play at Fabric on Friday next week. This is his promo mix to get you into the mood.
01. Redshape – Mucky Bones
02. Office Gossip – Var II
03. Untold & Roska – Myth
04. Breach – Fatherless
05. Steve Poindexter – Work That Motherfucker
06. Model 500 – Huesca
07. Braiden – The Alps
08. Pariah – The Slump
09. Four Tet – Sing (Mosca Remix)
10. Joe – Claptrap
11. Unknown – Unknown
12. Ramadanman – Work Them
13. Superisk – Find Your Way
14. Big Shot – Untitled
15. Aaliyah – R U That Somebody (Brenmar Windy City Mix)
16. Drexciya – Digital Tsunami
17. Oneohtrix Point Never – A Pact Between Strangers
You can download this mix over at SoundCloud, make sure to read this article on the Fabric blog as well. For more, you can always go back to the Pariah mixtape on Sonic Router.
01. Willie Colon & Ruben Blades – Plastico (Bugz in the Attic Remix)
02. Bunny Mack – Expression (Bugz Souled2soul dub)
03. Mark de Clive-Lowe – Move On Up (Bugz Opaque remix)
04. Amy Winehouse – In My Bed (Bugz in the Attic dub)
05. Bugz In The Attic – Flappy Dayz (Nauts 20:20 edit)
06. BB Boogie – Tell Him Again (Bugz in the Attic remix)
07. Daz-I-Kue – Rokstone (Soon Come) (Bugz in the Attic mix)
08. Bugz in the Attic – Expression (Bugz Souled2soul dub)
On April 23 the Bugz will play a DJ-set at London’s Fabric alongside MJ Cole, Braiden and xxxy. You can download the mix here or get some tickets there
Looking for a new mixtape? Check out this promo mix from Eglo Records founder and Rinse FM regular DJ Alex Nut.
01. Seiji – Yesman
02. Ikonika – Idiot (Altered Natives remix)
03. Tevo Howard – Move
04. Mike Dunn – So Let It Be House
05. Kyle Hall – I’m KMFH Girl
06. Omar S – Three Blind Rats
07. Ron Trent – Space Ship
08. Anthony Shakir – Good Love
09. Zomby – Tarantula
10. Roska – The Shepherd
11. Mizz Beats – My World
12. Julio Bashmore – World Peace
13. James Fox – Pull It Back
14. Prince – I’ve Seen The Future
15. Daryl Wynn – Track 2
16. Untold – No One Likes A Smart Arse
Alex is on Rinse every Saturday (13.00-15.00 GMT) and has a mix CD out. If you’re in or around London, check him out this Friday at Fabric.